Thursday, August 5, 2010

Where We Stand

Sup?

So check it out: I have a lot of work to do and part of me thinks that chronicling the process will be somehow useful or rewarding. So thanks to the Google, I registered a blog, named it after a really melodramatic Bright Eyes song with the lyric "working on the record seems pointless now / when the world ends who's gonna hear it?" and then named this post in partial reference to a Yellowcard record because I can and because it makes sense.

This is where we stand:

- I have two (2) Sister City records to make. They are called "Carbon Footprint" and "Small Talk" respectively. They have been gestating for a long time. We will not be looking to the past, only to the future.
- I have one (Person) (Noun) record to make. That will be called "Reconciliation."

The drums for "Carbon Footprint" and "Small Talk" are recorded and saved, although they are not currently backed up on another hard drive. I will do that, I promise. Nothing else is recorded. Once it is recorded, I have to mix it and master it.

As a starting point, I have posted the demos for "Carbon Footprint" and "Reconciliation." "Small Talk" is a secret.

Carbon Footprint Demos (forgive the snare drum): http://www.mediafire.com/?5fbcje6ol2o7m89
Reconciliation Demos: http://www.mediafire.com/?kindsu6f4xmvtav

No comments:

Post a Comment